Blogroll Me!
Who Links Here
3/12/2006  

Sunday Dinner / 3 March 2006 // Seafood Pasta

I totally just made this up...I know, I know I cheated and used frozen seafood, but the seafood blend from Trader Joes is not fishy at all and is so easy to use. Plus, I was really craving green-lipped mussels, but Whole Foods was out and it was too late in the day to start running around town, so I got Manila clams instead. By the time I tucked into my big plate of pasta, I forgot I ever even wanted mussels!
Follow the Beep recipe if you can...it was delicious!!
Serves 2-3

1 bag fettucini
1/2 lb Manila Clams
1 bag Trader Joes frozen seafood blend, thawed
olive oil
3 cloves garlic chopped
4 organic roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 bottle dry white wine
juice from 1 lemon
approx: 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped (add to your liking...I like a lot!)
dried crushed red pepper
grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

In a large frying pan, of bistro pan, saute chopped garlic in olive oil to soften, then add tomatoes. Salt & pepper generously, add a toss of parsley and stir until tomatoes are warmed. Stir in frozen seafood, lemon juice, white wine & more salt & pepper. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more pepper & parsley & lemon juice to taste. (I prefer a zingy, zesty sauce to cut the rich seafood and balance out the tomatoes). After the wine has condensed a bit, add 1/2 a can of the chopped tomatoes (or more if you want a really red sauce), and a generous pinch of crushed red pepper. Simmer for 8 more minutes. Add the clams and simmer for another 10 minutes while the pasta finishes cooking (al dente!)

Drain the pasta thoroughly and stir into the seafood sauce while it is still on the heat. This takes a bit of arm strength and balancing. To bind the pasta and sauce stir in a big handful of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix everything until the pasta is well covered.

Serve in big pasta bowls, add more Parmesan and parsley on top, serve immediately.

Happy eating!!