Blogroll Me!
Who Links Here
1/20/2006  

Beep In A Week: I've Been Hoodwinked Baby!


Hello, Happy Happy New Year and welcome to Volume 1 of Beep In A Week -

Welcome AuntBeep.com Email Subscribers, and MySpacers! You can scroll through this post, and leave your quotes at the bottom under 'comments'.
Let's get started shall we?



You Simply Must... See Hoodwinked.
Here at Beep headquarters, we're all a flutter over the amazing success
of our fave new movie HOODWINKED; a hysterical animated whodunit written by our friend (and hunky BF of beep Gallery artist Jen Ditchik) Tony Leech. This movie is HI-LAR-I-OUS and you must run out and see it this weekend. Kids love it too, which makes it all the more fun. Here's a pic of Jen and Tony looking fab at the premiere.


That Is So Beep...
After several years of basically seeing out of one eye, I finally bit the bullet and got some fab new glasses from my new friends at SEE Eyewear in the Beverly Center. Everyone there is so nice, the selection is super stylish (mine are red! square! cute!), and the prices are really affordable. If you are lucky to have a SEE in your neck of the woods ditch the One Hour joints and get your four eyes on.


I'm Wondering... On my way to get said glasses I saw (sort of) a really great bumper sticker
that said:
"Well behaved women very rarely make history"
This person is a true Beepster. I'm wondering if any of you know who said it, AND what your favorite Beepified quotes are. You can post them here, or email them here. I'll show you all my favorites next week!

Be Sure To Note...
* My new weekly Artist Spotlight column over at Delight.com. We're working to demystify the world of art by igniting your inner collector without the pretense. We Heart Art!
* On Jan. 22nd, cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketing companies and you will receive sales calls. You will be charged for these calls. To prevent this, call the National DO NOT CALL list from your cell phone to remove your phone number: 1.888.382.1222

Lesson Learned... Give Sweater, Receive Toaster.
While on Christmas Holiday with my husband's family, my fabulous sister-in-law needed to borrow a sweater. I offered this cute, loosely knit cowel neck number, and she looked so gorgeous in it, I just had to give it to her. On Wednesday a mysterious package arrived at my door, and what could it
be but a brand new toaster! (we have a sordid history of toaster malfunction in our family) Some carefully worded "did you send us a toaster?" phone calls finally led me to the anonymous sender - my sister-in-law. The reason? "I told you when you gave me that sweater I'd buy you a toaster!" Totally forgot, but I'm over the moon!

Sunday Dinner...This week we were pretty beat, so I employed the help of Trader Joe. The fare was a bit eclectic, so we'll just call it a World Supper. Recipes are here (in the preceeding post)

That's all for this week. Be safe, and enjoy the weekend!

Love,
Aunt Beep